San Gabriel is hosting their 40th Annual Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony on Tuesday, December 6, 2016, in Plaza Park starting at 6:00 PM.
There will be music, live dance performances, a free holiday-themed photo booth, and a chance for the kids to meet Santa. And at 7:00 PM the Mayor will flip the switch on the tree. It’s a great way to meet your community neighbors and kick off the holiday season!
Check out their website for more information.
Come to the Day of the Dead Family Fiesta in Old Pasadena, on Sunday, October 30, 2016 from 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM. There will be many fun activities for the whole family, including:
- Free calavera face painting
- Fun, hands-on craft activities sponsored by the Armory Center for the Arts
and Color Me Mine Pasadena
- Day of the Dead merchandise and artwork from local artisan vendors
- 75-minute family program with storyteller Olga Loya
- Musical performance by 6-piece Mariachi Tesoro de Rebecca Gonzales
- “In Tlanextli Tlacopan” Aztec Fire Dancers will provide an authentic ritual performance dressed in extravagant costumes
Festival will take place at the Metro Right of Way at Union Street (between Colorado and Holly Street), 100 E. Union Street.
Visit their website for more information.
The 35th Annual Village Venture Arts & Crafts Faire will be in Claremont on Saturday, October 22, 2016 from 9 AM to 5 PM. The event is so large, they have organized free shuttle service to alleviate parking trouble.
Browse the streets filled with art and vendors and enjoy a children’s Halloween costume parade at 9:30 AM.
Admission to the event is free. There will be crafts and food for sale on site. Check out their event page for more details.